Thursday, January 28, 2010

Plight of a Movie Buff

I always thought of writing a blog. But somehow, I could never find a topic I feel so strongly about that I m compelled to pen my thoughts down. Finally I get a theme I feel passionate about; and what better topic than movies to get me started.People who know me can’t agree more.( Don't the words"so strongly about " carry the risk of being misinterpreted as a precursor to something more meaningful or revolutionary in nature?)

Anyway,I was looking forward to friday morning rather eagerly since a couple of days;most of you would mistake it to be the usual TGIF syndrome. But let me tell you ,its not! Obviously as I say this I shirk and am reminded of the fact that it can never be the reason, not at least for the time being.

I awaited the review of the movies Rann and Ishqiya in TOI.Though thesedays, i must confess it passes a tad adulterated verdict on movie ratings which is rather ironical when it gives a review of the Movie Rann, considering the subject/theme of the movie.I have been pondering and doing a fair amount of research on both the movies in order to reach a decision regarding the movie that is worthy of my,Mind you! 'MY exclusive saturday evening slot'.

Only a true movie buff can empathize with the intensity of the mental confusion (read: kashm-a-kash) that I am going through as the clock is ticking away, indicating the low probability of finding the ticket for the movie of my choice ;which is a rather interesting permutation and combination of various factors like possible time slot ,feasible venue and preferred company to watch it with .These would also be one of the many factors that I will have to keep in mind while deciding on the movie.

One would never have thought that deciding and watching a movie could also be that difficult a decision to make!


Kya dekhe kya na dekhe ye kaisi mushkil haaye!
Koi to batate iska hall o mere bhai !!
Ki ik taraf to intelligentsia kehlana chahe hum !
Par serious cinema(read: Genre of Movie Rann) se pallu bhi chudaaye hum!!

Har pal hum sochta yehi !
Kya humko picture dekhne milegi ya nahi !!
Nahi to advance mein le lega saala black mein le lega !
Kaise bhi picture hum dekhkar hi maanega !!

Main booking counter pe pahunchti hai !
Saans hi atakti hai !!
Aur last ticket(read: teekatt)jati hai nikal!
Kya dekhe kya na dekhe ye kaisi mushkil haaye!!
Koi to batate iska hall o mere bhai !!!

13 comments:

  1. Welcome!! .. finally :) ..

    nice start, straight from the heart .. btw how much time did you spend writing this? .. and go for Ishqiya .. Rann toh pirated bhi dekh sakti ho :P .. Ishqiya's Music will be worth at least ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. my first blog comment:) it will be always be special...thanx vinay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too thinking to go for ishqiya...for the soulful music combined with unusual cinematography calls for a dekko..

    it took me 15-20 min for this blog...too long..too quick???/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...a very good piece of writing...and I loved the "Kya karein ya na karein" redux at the last..good show angel, keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ vishal..wo question tere liye nahi tha;)
    @Red..thanks charlie....budding bloggers always need your kind words of encouragement;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm nice. you always write good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aastha, dont stop, keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @sowji-heheheh yeah..imagine wo bhi confusion hota to..life would have been such a mess;)

    @Kida: Jo hukm Baauji!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bhelcome haiji, bahut vadda vala.. :)
    Iskia dekho.. gaali shaali seekho. intelligentsia ka kaam intelligentsium sulphate pe chhodo. (you'll know what that means after you see iskia) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. If somebody wants to know Aastha's speciality, this one line is sufficient.
    'MY exclusive saturday evening slot'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ mahima:thanks dear
    @ pam pam: hehe not everybody would still get it i m sure;) to hard to believe and witness in real life;)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Main apni favourite hoon. I love celebrating the choti choti khushiyan in life. Time and again I have come to realize that if you believe in something it comes true.Call me unreasonable or impractical ,par main bas apne hi jaisi hu.